I made this quilt pattern up for a 40th birthday present. It’s a well known pattern increased to make the piecing easy and quick. Quilt patterns made larger and smaller can be quite challenging as it is easier to have the tools in those sizes, when you use standard tools its a bit of a patch job and that can lead to errors in cutting transferring to errors in piecing and basically a big headache. Anyway this quilt came together well and the colours work well too. Happy Stitching!
With a weekend close enough to smell the cinnamon buns, thoughts turn again to stitching. A quilt top at the quilters and a deadline before 1st March, I’m really hoping it will be finished and ready for binding by my daughter Maddy’s 19th birthday. This is the burgundy, cream and black quilt I started the blog with. Somehow I see myself binding it in the car on the way to Sydney! I’ll be sure to post a final pic when it’s all done. Might even be a record – from fabric to quilt in 2 months, I could well be impressing myself. Thought I’d share a pic of our precious enjoying the rug.